Wednesday 17 July 2013

I am a teacher. I teach children.........

I am a teacher.

I teach children, I am not a social worker.

I teach children, I am not a doctor/nurse/mental health professional.

I teach children, I do not phone parents up to make them obey the law by bringing their kids to school.

I teach children, I am not an educational psycologist.

I teach children, I am not a surrogate parent.

I teach children, I am not a statistics analyst.

I teach children, I do not check blood sugar levels of children with diabetes.

I teach children, I do not drag children kicking and screaming into a room to 'calm down'.

I teach children, I am not an educational researcher nor an expert in learning theories.

I teach children, I am not there to put up with 10 year old children behaving like toddlers.

I teach children, I do not go to work to have meetings where I talk nonsense for hours on end.

I teach children, I am not a BBQ chef.

I teach children, I do not arrange for food deliveries to families who are hungry.

I teach children, I do not worry about the well being of my pupils when I am not at work.


Except the above is rubbish and I have done all the above this past year.

Your list will be similar to mine.

Big up yourselves, no other job demands as much and we do a bloody good job.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment